Facts you may not know about youth vaping:
- A ‘vape’ is the term used to describe the delivery mechanism of products such as JUUL, nicotine, e-juices, THC, and alcohol.
- In 2018, the Surgeon General declared e-cigarette (vape) use among youth a national epidemic.
- Schools ranked teen vaping as the number one problem in Hunterdon County (Key Informant 2019).
- Most youth do not know the ingredients is in these products (CDC).
- Even products that claim they are nicotine-free may contain nicotine due to lack of regulation (CDC).
- Nicotine exposure during adolescence can harm the brain, as it is still developing up to age 25.
- Teen nicotine use increases the likelihood of future drug use, including tobacco products and marijuana (CDC).