- This event has passed.
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (SLAA)
November 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition-oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major resources:
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship / Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship S.L.A.A. has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
For newcomers: please visit the SLAA Greater Delaware Valley intergroup site here for resources and a directory of local meetings.
Follow the direct link here for SLAA’s 40 Questions for Self-Diagnosis.
For more information, please call 609-621-SLAA (7522).
This meeting is CLOSED; we ask that all in attendance identify as sex and love addicts.
*This meeting is 75 minutes in length*