Open door recovery center
of Monmouth county
In 2016, Prevention Resources, Inc., identified a community need for greater access to support systems, information, and other resources for persons in recovery from problematic substance use. Open Door Recovery Center of Monmouth County was opened to help meet this need and further assist individuals in cultivating sustainable long-term recovery.
Located in the heart of Asbury Park, NJ, at Prevention Resources’ Open Door Recovery Center, all attendees have access to any of the social services and resources available through all the agency’s divisions.
All of the services, activities, and events provided ensure confidentiality and are free of cost.
Peer Recovery Coaching
Peer Recovery Specialists walk side by side with individuals seeking support in their recovery from substance use disorders. They help people create their own recovery plans and develop their own recovery pathways.
- Identify personal strengths that can help you reach and maintain your recovery goals.
- Develop positive coping skills that will help you better manage your challenges.
- Build peer relationships and create stronger natural support networks.
- Enhance social skills to allow you to live, work and participate more fully in your community.
- Build confidence and self‐advocacy skills.
- Navigate community services and resources such as, social services, education and employment assistance, health services, housing, etc.
- Offer emotional and social support, and set back prevention.
Wellness planning is designed to help individuals gain a better understanding of where they are in their recovery and what further support they may need. Completing a wellness plan provides the opportunity to:
- Explore SAMHSA’s 8 dimensions of wellness and learn about how each shows up in your recovery.
- Sit down with a member of our team and discuss current challenges and successes in your recovery.
- Receive linkages to community services and peer support programs based on your individual needs.
*All programs are hybrid for your convenience and safety. Click on any of the programs below for more information.
Open Door Recovery Center of Monmouth County embraces the philosophy that every person is different and as such everyone’s recovery is different, too. We work to support each person looking for help in their recovery by facilitating a number of diverse peer support groups throughout the week.
All of our groups are offered in a hybrid setting, meaning you can participate either in person or virtually.
Click here to see a list of our peer support groups.
Make an appointment with us each Thursday to build, format, and create your resume! Our resume building workshop pairs you with someone on our team to work with you to perfect your resume and answer any interview questions you may have. To make an appointment please call (732) 455-5272, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Meetings are available every Thursday, by appointment only.
Click here for Flyer!
SMART Recovery provides assistance to individuals seeking abstinence from substance misuse. SMART stands for Self-Management and Recovery Training and follows a 4-point program consisting of tools and techniques designed to achieve a balanced life in recovery.
Meeting ID: TBA
Substance-Free Activities & Events
Download our welcome packet
For more information on Open Door Recovery Center of Monmouth County please give us a call at (732) 455-5272 or email us at email@example.com
Hours of Operation
Monday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Friday 10:00pm – 7:00pm
*Additional appointment hours may be available upon request.
*Please refer to our calendar for special events and programming.