Download Publication FREE: START (Steps to Action Recovery and Treatment)
NEW JERSEY HOTLINES
- 1-844-REACH-NJ (1-844-732-2465) // Serves to simplify the process for those seeking help from addiction. www.ReachNJ.gov
- NJ ADDICTION SERVICES HOTLINE
- 844-276-2777 // Provides information and referral to substance use treatment statewide.
- NJ CONNECT FOR RECOVERY
- 855-652-3737 // Dedicated to opioid addiction, serves both the person struggling with addiction as well as their loved ones.
- NJ MENTALHEALTHCARES
- 866-202-4357 // Directs callers to appropriate service entry points.
- 888-222-2228 // Confidential and anonymous helpline for New Jersey’s young people.
- N.J. HOPE LINE
- 855-654-6735 // Peer Support and Suicide Prevention Hotline
CHANGE STARTS HERE.
Reducing stigma and breaking barriers to build a stronger, healthier community.
BACKGROUND ON START
In partnership with Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office, and Hunterdon County Chief’s Association, Safe Communities Coalition created S.T.A.R.T. (Steps To Action Recovery and Treatment) initiative.
START was first designed as a tool to bridge the treatment gap and prevent overdose, and has since become a symbol of reliable resources and information.
The goal of One Voice is to create social level change in reducing substance use through our faith communities. Annual launch includes a weekend of shared messaging into the community, led by faith leaders, with “one voice”.
“How to use Intranasal Naloxone” video LINK
Naloxone is an opioid overdose reversal medication, sold over the counter at Pharmacies in NJ.