Open door recovery center
of hunterdon county
In 2016, Prevention Resources, Inc., identified a community need for greater access to support systems, information, and other resources for persons in recovery from problematic substance use. Open Door Recovery Center of Hunterdon County was opened to help meet this need and further assist individuals in cultivating sustainable long-term recovery.
Based out of Prevention Resources’ Center, a historic home in Flemington, NJ, all attendees have access to any of the social services and resources available through all the agency’s divisions.
All of the services, activities, and events provided ensure confidentiality and are free of cost.
Peer Recovery Coaching
Peer Recovery Specialists walk side by side with individuals seeking support in their recovery from substance use disorders. They help people create their own recovery plans and develop their own recovery pathways.
- Identify personal strengths that can help you reach and maintain your recovery goals.
- Develop positive coping skills that will help you better manage your challenges.
- Build peer relationships and create stronger natural support networks.
- Enhance social skills to allow you to live, work and participate more fully in your community.
- Build confidence and self‐advocacy skills.
- Navigate community services and resources such as, social services, education and employment assistance, health services, housing, etc.
- Offer emotional and social support, and set back prevention.
Wellness planning is designed to help individuals gain a better understanding of where they are in their recovery and what further support they may need. Completing a wellness plan provides the opportunity to:
- Explore SAMHSA’s 8 dimensions of wellness and learn about how each shows up in your recovery.
- Sit down with a member of our team and discuss current challenges and successes in your recovery.
- Receive linkages to community services and peer support programs based on your individual needs.
*Due to the rise in COVID19 cases, all programs are currently either hybrid or virtual. Click on any of the programs below for more information.
Open Door Recovery Center embraces the philosophy that every person is different and as such everyone’s recovery is different, too. We work to support each person looking for help in their recovery by facilitating a number of diverse peer support groups throughout the week.
All of our groups are offered in a hybrid setting, meaning you can participate either in person or virtually.
Click here to see a list of our peer support groups.
Join us on the third Tuesday of every month as we tend to our sacred inner selves in this ongoing series on spirituality! Led by Jennifer Denlinger, a certified Spiritual Director and Small Groups Ministry Facilitator as well as a Family Peer Coach, participants can expect a safe environment that is welcoming of all spiritual practices and journeys. Please contact Jennifer at JDenlinger@NJPrevent.com for link.
*Meets the third Tuesday of every month.
Open only to graduates and current participants of New Jersey State Recovery Courts.
*Meets the last Wednesday of every month
Calling all literature lovers! Join us on the last Thursday of each month for literary adventure, lighthearted discussion, and ongoing comradery! Use this link to join.
Meeting ID: 821 4062 413
*Meets the last Thursday of every month.
Substance-Free Activities & Events
Download our welcome packet
For more information on Open Door Recovery Center of Hunterdon County please give us a call at (908) 864-2940 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
Monday: 11:30am – 7:30pm
Tuesday: 10:30am – 6:30pm
Wednesday: 10:am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 11:30am – 7:30pm
Friday 1:00pm – 9:00pm
*Special events held Saturdays. Off hours appointments may be available upon request.